- Submit the Counselor Recommendation and Transcript Request Form and supplimental materials. If you have deadlines of November 15 or earlier, this form should have already been submitted. The deadline to submit this form for December 1 applications is October 27, and the deadline for January 1 applications is November 20.
- Complete the FERPA Release Authorization on the Common Application and match your Naviance and Common App accounts. Watch this instructional video on details for this step.
- Add your schools to your "colleges I'm applying to" list in Naviance, and select the correct application type (EA, ED, Regular, etc.).
- For all Common Application schools on your list, indicate in Naviance if you are submitting the Common App for that school or a different kind of application (institutional, priority, etc.).
- Select the teachers who are writing your recommendations at the bottom of the to the "colleges I'm applying to" page.
- Once you submit your college application, indicate in Naviance that the application for that school has been submitted.
Also remember that November 1st is a Sunday. If you have November 1st deadlines and will definitely use next weekend to complete your applications, we encourage you to mark them as "submitted" in Naviance early, by Wednesday October 28. This will ensure that transcripts and recommendations are sent by Friday October 30.
Please reach out to your counselor with any questions you may have in this process. Have a great afternoon!