July 3-August 8, 2016
Mind and Hand
A five-week creative experience building skills and vocabulary in the visual arts to help you find your unique voice as a artist. Our intensive studio are session offers both traditional and cutting edge courses to help you connect inventive techniques and imaginative ideas.
Application InformationProspective students must apply for admission to the program. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, beginning in early March. Many courses fill quickly, so prospective students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance of enrolling in first-choice courses. The deadline for students applying for financial aid is April 1.
High school students currently in their sophomore, junior or senior year are eligible to apply as either residential or day/commuter students. Current high school freshman may apply as day/commuter students only. International applicants will require a student visa to study in the United States.
Completed applications are reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants are evaluated on academic excellence, intellectual curiosity, and readiness to study and live independently in a college setting. Applicants are notified of the admissions committee's decision by email, usually within two weeks of the application's completion. Accepted students must confirm their attendance with a $500 non-refundable program deposit.
How to ApplyA complete application consists of the following materials:
- Completed online application form
- Application Fee of $60 (nonrefundable)
- Personal Statement (typed, one page minimum, stating why you choose to enroll in the program and what you hope to accomplish)
- Art portfolio consisting of 8 – 10 digital color photos of recent work & a description/summary of photos (applicable only for students seeking to enroll in studio art classes)
- Official copy of most recent high school transcript and current grade report, sent to us from your high school. Applicants must request an official transcript containing their current grades/marks since 9th grade, including Fall 2015. PLEASE NOTE: If your current grades are not reflected on your transcript, please also send us a copy of your most current grade report.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who know you well - a link will be provided for you in the application confirmation email
- Financial Aid Application (if applicable - deadline April 1)
- International Student Visa Application (if applicable)
Office of the Dean of Special Programs
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
*Note: Enrollment in either of the Writing Seminars requires a placement exam, which will be made available to students who indicate on their applications that they wish to take either of these courses.